Well not to much happened yesterday (well monday)- Grandma Lucille got skype- talked to her a little bit yesterday and today (referencing today as tuesday even though I am writing this at 3am on Wednesday!) as well! I am always amazed when I skype back home how it is nighttime here and yet midafternoon back home! No wonder why I go to sleep so late! I see the sun up on your end of the world and my body thinks it is daytime again! Classes weren't too interesting today - turned in a paper for IB, went to my spreadsheet class where thankfully our teacher explained to us how to do the ridiculously long "if" function. I never knew how confusing it could be to program excel to spit back gross pay. I will never under appreciate QuickBooks ever again!
Last night Colleen and I went into hibernation by accident. Nena stuffed us silly for supper (big suprise there) and the Colleen and I went to back to our room to go work on our homework and stuff and nearly froze our fingers off. Our window was letting in a draft like nobody's business. I slept in a blanket cocoon. Colleen had a worse nights sleep then I did - her bed is right by the window. Thankfully when we got home tonight our room was nice and toasty (although the wind picked up again outside and it is starting to feel a little chilly again). Oh well I think I read somewhere you sleep better in a cold room. I believe it - our room was cold enough to slow down our heartbeats!!!
Found a flight to and from Ireland for under 80 Euros over the 5 day weekend. I am pining people down to get this baby booked this week or else!
Next weekend, some people invited me to go to Granada so I was in charge of reading up on what rick steves had to say about Granada. I got a little sidetracked and started looking at the different bus options to get to Granada. Easier said then done. The website for the bus company is written using a flash player and the google translator wasn't able to translate it - very confusing. I had Colleen read it and she couldn't even find where to look at Bus timetables. I think they depart fairly regularly throughout the day so we are going to try to book an early friday morning bus and then depart Granada early Monday morning so people can still make it to their afternoon classes. I did read a little of Rick Steves (he and I are becoming dear friends!) and from what I've read Granada sounds like an incredible place - plus they are further south so the weather should be a little nicer! I think from Granada it is another 3 hour bus ride to Sevilla - not sure if we are going to try squeezing that in too or if that would be a better trip to take on a seperate weekend... I need to read a little bit more of 'ol Rick and see which of the sites he recommends pop out at me!
The following weekend is the big Carnival that takes place in Cadiz. We are going to try to hit the mardi graz party in Cadiz on maybe friday night and then take a bus over to Cordoba and call it a weekend. We'll see...that one is still pretty tentative!
After that it is our 5 day weekend (Ireland hopefully)
Last weekend in February is still open (Elena's bday!)
First weekend in March is Loyola retreat up in Basque Country... I am really excited to do this retreat...went to a meeting on it today and it sounds like people just have an incredible time on it! I will have to share the itinery some other time on here!
Look at that I am already up to Aunt Diane's Birthday and Nick's the following and Gma Kate's after that!
Sometime in March/April I want to go visit England since it doesn't look good for the 5 day weekend anymore. Some of my friends would like to do London then get to Scotland somehow - I would be all over that!
Other places I have in Mind to go to are: in Spain - Barcelona, Sevilla, Salamanca, and Bilboa (where Morgan Heggar is at - she is the friend dad made for me!). In Europe: Germany (elena), Switzerland.
So there we go... There's is like 15 weekends left in the semester - lets see how many of these places I can all check off of my list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment