Thursday, January 28, 2010

NO AGUA

Wednesday - No Water!

It is not very fun to wake up, walk to the bathroom, get undressed, turn on the water, and..... NO WATER!  I ran back to our room and asked Colleen what was going on.  Well neither of us could figure out what was going on and Nena wasn't home!  We tried just about every Faucet in the house and still couldn't get anything to turn on.  We concluded that a pipe must be frozen or something.  (Learn to find out at the end of the day that the entire building didn't have water and no one really knows why!)  Anyway, it was rough going to school without a shower and brushing our teeth or washing our faces.  We still found people to hang out with, so apparently we didn't smell too bad.  We ate a picnic lunch on a street corner on a bench where we fed the little birds that were in the tree next to us and nearly froze because it started snowing while we were sitting there... definitely the most fun lunches I have had here thus far!  We also went to the Prado last night and I got a few pages further in my Rick Steve's guide to the Prado!  I spent the bulk of my time looking at the El Grecko paintings because they have a lot of them on loan right now since the El Greko museum in Toledo is under construction this year (which actually worked out great for me since we wouldn't have had time to see these in Toledo last weekend!)  I feel like I have officially seen the bulk of the famous El Grecko paintings between the Santa Cruz Museum and Cathedral in Toledo and then in the Prado!

Well I also have another really exciting bit of news I want to share, but I don't have time to type it all out right now....Plus I have a really good title for the blog post so I will leave you all in Suspense so you will be forced to check in on me tonight!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of ending is that? I want to know right now what the exciting new is!!!

    ReplyDelete