Well made it to my 11 o´clock class this morning after a very unrestful nights sleep. Colleen and I both were having troubles getting to sleep so there was a lot of movement going on in our room! My international business class was pretty uninteresting this morning although I think it will get better, I am just really tired, and there is no place to take a nap at school ... bummer!
After that class, I ran out in the rain to get lunch with a couple of friends. We ended up just going to the super sol (grocery store) and buying a ham and cheese sandwich and a Fanta (my first soda since I left!). That Fanta was pretty good, but I think I could just about kill for a ski... good thing I have an ocean in between me and ski to help curve the temptation! I know that is the first thing I will want when I get back in May - after seeing everyone of course - well maybe before ;)
As I have told many of you, I have gotten my appetite back and boy is my senora excited. She made some cheesy lasagna last night and I about died and went to heaven! She is such an incredible cook! I feel like maybe I should explain supper to you all!
First off, we do not eat until at least 8:30 pm. Nena calls us to come set the table and then we bring out all the food. Usually there is 3 courses. The first course is usually bread (real fresh bread) and soup although last night we had cheesy lasagna! Following that we have our main meal of usually a meat and vegetables. Last night we had pan cooked pork slices and a vegetable tortilla espana (Tortilla Espana is best describe as an omelet of sorts - it is potato and onions held together by eggs. This one had green bean something or another inside of it!) I really liked that! We also had some sort of meat which I believe came from the carteledge of a cow...but I can´t be for sure. Nena said we most likely wouldn´t like it and she was right - I didn´t care for it!
I am having a really hard time adjusting to the Spanish keyboard over here. I am typing this at one of the lab computers so forgive me if there are random symbols in this blog. It´s weird because they have extra characters and such and some things are moved for instance, where the :/; key is on our keyboard, i have an ñ key. The : and ; are on top of the period and comma keys. Also the shift key is smaller and i keep accidently hitting the < key instead (they moved the <> to a seperate key when usually they are on top of the period and comma. Also the keys you shift to on top of the numbers are different. on top of the 8 is ( and on top of the 9 is ). 0 has the = sign. I really don´t like typing on these keyboards. these are the keyboards that we use in my excel class so I hope this doesn´t screw me up someway!
Another thing that is different is that I can´t watch American TV over here due to International Copyright Agreements. This means I won´t be able to watch Psych, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, The Office etc. until I get home :( this may just kill me. I´m also worried I may have to watch the Olympics in Spanish. What a nightmare! I was looking around for things that I can watch and I do have one bit of good news.... I can watch all the bull riding events from the PBR that they post to their website! Now usually they don´t post the full events but I guess I will have to start enjoying just watching the rides themselves. I can also watch interviews that they do with some of the riders and such. So, when I come home, I may know more about Bullriding then anyone else will even care to ever know! Oh I can also watch any illegal posting anyone does to youtube. Found some holiday hallmark movies to watch! Guess I will be getting an overkill on those too!
On a final note, and really this should have been posted first, Colleen and I are all booked for Portugal for Jan 29-31! Let´s get excited about that! We are flying in and out of Lisben and Colleen and I are going to take a bus to Fatima on one of the days! I am really excited about this trip! We know for sure of 4 other people going who have the same flights/hostel booked as us. I think that we are going to have an awesome time! Not to mention, I finally have something to look forward too, besides my family visiting in March! It definitely helps to keep busy so busy is what I shall be!
Love you all!
Emily
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know it's not ESPN but you can follow Billiken basketball articles from Earl Austin Jr. (he is one of the radio announcers) at http://earlonsports.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete