Thursday, May 20, 2010

Traveling Faith Teresa!

Thursday, May 20th.

Hung around the Chateau today.  The ambiance of the Chateau inspired me to test my boundaries with Em.  Unfortunately for me, it is harder to de-throne a queen then I thought.  Where is the Guillotine ?...."let them eat cake".   Which I don't even understand why Marie Antoinette lost her head for that remark... I would love to eat cake ... but I haven't seen a cake here in France yet.  Besides, Emily keeps thinking she's the queen leaving me to be a measly princess.

While exploring our "castle" grounds,  I found an old barn with Bunnies and Guinea pigs..  I stuck my finger in the cage but the QUEEN EM promptly chastised me.

Mommy and Daddy had an afternoon date, and the Queen and I enjoyed our time in our Bed Chamber and Salon.  That is Fancy French for "our suite".

Tonight we returned to the rural french grill restaurant - where they cook steaks on an open flame - for supper.  Daddy and the Chef bonded because Daddy gave him the chance to cook a superrib (That's a big Texas Rib-eye) on the open flame.  Daddy made his happy noises over this meal.  He had a goofy smile on his face.

As we left the restaurant, I expressed my gratitude to the Madame and Chef with a hearty "Merci" without even a prompt from Mommy!  (Ha!  I know more French then they think.)  The Madame was VERY impressed with me!

After 8 days of heavy travel through Spain, and a detour through French Wine Country... Mommy and Daddy say we are FINALLY taking a train to Paris tomorrow!

I didn't believe them, but I saw Queen Em buying Eiffel Tower Tickets on her computer; so maybe they are telling the truth.

I am very sleepy so I will call it a night!

Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment