Wednesday
Finally we didn't have to wake up early! I got to sleep in my own big girl bed! It was way fun!
After breakfast we took a taxi into Beaune where we walked to the Hotel Deiu which was a 500+ year old hospital that a group of nuns started to care for the poor. Very Beautiful Medieval architecture and paintings. There was even a well in the courtyard. It had beautiful iron canopy. It reminded me of Snow White and so I burst out in Song "I'm wishing, I'm wishing..." I got to throw money and make a wish!
Daddy was really impressed that the beds for the sick were inside the church ... he wondered how to bring this concept back.... Daddy says that if they can reserve pews on Easter for an ASA fundraiser, perhaps they should consider renting beds in church for midnight mass.
After lunch which was an overdone hamburger and fine French fries (now I know why they are French - they do them so well) I got to ride a carousel (twice) with Daddy which was loads of fun!
After this we walked around a lot. We popped in a wine museum where we saw this really cool old barn with old wine making equipment inside.
Then we went in search of a wine cellar for Mommy and Daddy. As we were making our way there, Daddy finally got to see the Church in the center of town.
I fell asleep during this really boring Burgundy wine education.
When I woke up we were on our way in search of some cheese and sandwich fixings to go with the wine Mom and Dad bought.
Since Mommy and Daddy had a wine education, I decided that it was time to give Emily a Paci education. As we walked past a fountain in the square I admonished Em, "NEVER THROW a Paci in a Fountain!" Emily told me this was good advice.... When we stopped for Hot Chocolate I continued my lessons on educating Em. I told her that the proper way to drink to Hot Chocolate is to "stir it and sip it with a spoon" Emily kept cheating and drinking it without a spoon. That made me upset ... Doesn't she know that it is easier to wear your hot chocolate if you use a spoon to get it to your mouth - then it can drip all down your sweater.
When we went back to the Chateau mommy couldn't find the room key ... Oh yeah, I left it in the Taxi we took to town this morning. While we waited for a new key, the couple from Brazil checking in asked me my name "Faith Foppe" I said. Then they asked "how are you Mademoiselle?" I told them the truth - "I have to go Poopy".
Well now I am going to sign off and go sleep in my big girl bed!~
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment