Thursday, June 3, 2010

Final Post - Traveling Faith Teresa

Lights Out! Friday
This morning marked our final day in Wine Country.   We spent our last few hours before boarding the train to Paris doing some window shopping in Beaune.  I wanted to be a part of the window display but that had disastrous results.  Mommy was trying to grab me from the window because the last time I was in a shop window there was a disaster (another story for another time).  As mom was reaching for me and trying to pick up a poster I dropped, her purse hit the mannequin which fell over and landed on a lamp breaking it.  Before I knew it, I was out on the curb and Mommy and Daddy were mad because they had to buy a 35 Euro lamp.  It is amazing how good these shopkeepers can speak English when they need to.  I don’t even know why Mommy and Daddy were so upset….PaPoo can fix it! 
The train ride to Paris was very stressful for Daddy because he needed food and once again they weren’t  serving food or beverages on the ride.  Mommy saved the day with her bag of snacks!
That night we went to the Eiffel Tower.  I couldn’t wait to finally wear my Black Paris dress with the pretty pink bow.   I couldn’t believe that after all the months of bribes of getting to go to Paris if I was good (which turned into threats when I was bad) I was finally there.  It struck me speechless.  We went all the way to the top which was a first for not only me but for Daddy and Mommy as well.  The Eiffel Tower was fun but by the time we got to the top I was wondering when I was going to get to see Quasi at Notre Dame. 
Saturday  - Topsy-Turvy Day!
Took a taxi early this morning to Notre Dame!  We had to get up really early because Daddy wanted to be in the first group to go up to the top of the Tower (He has no patience for waiting in lines).
I was once again stunned speechless until I got to the top of the stairs and wanted to know where Quasi was.  It was nice to see Laverne (gargoyle from the movie) and the bell Emanuel, but I kept asking Daddy where Quasimodo was.  He said that Quasi was busy working but I just couldn’t believe that I would finally get to Notre Dame and Quasi would be too busy for me….NOT OKAY!   My incessant questioning did not cease the entire time and I was in tears by the time we entered the South Belfry.  
I was still upset as Mommy and Em were carrying me back down the 400 steps and when we were waiting in the courtyard to get into the Cathedral.  Emily saved the day when she spotted Quasi as she was returning to us with the stroller. 
Quasi looks scarier in real life then in the movie but he was still really nice and let me take a picture with him even though I was a little nervous.  Clinging to Mommy,  I managed to muster up a kiss for him.
After that we went into the Cathedral and found Mary – Our Lady of Notre Dame.  Mom and Dad wanted me to take a picture with her but I thought I was done after I said my prayer to her.  Daddy threatened to make me an outcast like Esmerelda but little did he know that I wouldn’t mind being Esmerelda. 
We ate lunch at a nice café near the Seine River which was great because Mommy and Em both took me down to see the river twice.
After Lunch we went on a river cruise and then went back to the Hotel for an afternoon Siesta.  Mommy and Daddy went on a date later that night while EM and I ate supper and hung out at the hotel.  When Mommy and Daddy returned I went down to meet them downstairs in my Paris dress (Emily wouldn’t let me go down there naked like I planned on doing). 
Sunday
Daddy let us sleep in a little bit this morning!  Mommy wanted to go relax and have a coffee on the Artists’ Square, but when we arrived in Montmartre we had to push our way through the throngs of people – Not relaxing!  We left there pretty quickly and Daddy found me a nice park to play in.  There were a lot of Parisians enjoying the nice weather with their children.  I got to play in the creek although I had to be careful to make sure my dress stayed clean (Daddy wanted me to look nice when I visited the sisters).  I had a ton of fun wading in the water and was sad to leave. 
We left the park to go visit the Missionaries of Charity.  Daddy gave his speech at the MC’s while I found a kitty-cat running around to play with.
After his speech we went next door to the Women’s shelter where I got to finally play with some toys.  It felt so good to play with other kids although one of the boys wouldn’t share his tricycle with me.  The sisters, however, knew just how to break up our fight.  They took both of us upstairs for silent prayer in the chapel.
After our visit with the MCs, we all went out for our last supper in Europe together.  It was a very long French supper which is very exhausting to sit through when I am really hungry.
I closed my eyes to the Eiffel Tower sparkling one last time for me.
FT from FT (Final Thoughts from Faith Teresa)
First I want to thank Mommy for her help, guidance and protection on this trip.  I know it was a lot of work for her to bring me because I know it would have been easier to leave me at home with Paddy.  I am so thankful I got to see Spain and France.
Secondly, I want to thank Cousin Em.  Without her assistance and support to Mommy I would not have been able to go on this trip. It would not have been possible for Mommy to carry me in a stroller through the Madrid and Paris Metro system without her.  Emily is definitely the most fun “Queen” I know and I am so glad that she was along on this trip to keep me entertained.
Deep down I would also like to mention that although I gave Daddy a rough time on this trip I really am so thankful that he made this all possible for me.
Lastly I have just one question for Daddy.  Where are we going next?  

No comments:

Post a Comment