Saturday, May 15, 2010

Keeping Faith in Europe - The Tales of Traveling Faith Teresa

John and I thought it would be best if we filled you in on whats going on by giving you Europe through Faith's Point of View!

Tuesday


Left Paddy in STL...I am still not sure why he couldn't come along.


Arrive in DFW airport... Thrilled to be in Paris.  Dissapointed to learn we still have a 10 hour flight around a volcano to Madrid - Passed back over STL.


After spilling water on Daddy's seat, I had nice sleep on the plane.


Wednesday - 


Woke up in Madrid and Somebody lied to me ....I asked   - "Where is the Ocean?"


Still wondering why Paddy isn't with us - there are dogs all over in Madrid.


Met up with cousin Em (small world) at the hotel.


In the hotel room they have these cool little sinks where I can wash my hands.  I have no idea why Emily is laughing at me or why she is calling the sink a bidet.  Also it is hard to flush the toilet with my feet here since the flusher is above the toilet.


We took a metro ride down to Plaza Mayor.  Threw my Sippy Cup down on to the tracks.  No one would go back down and get it for me.


The Madrid metro system is not stroller friendly.  Luckily Mom and Em are strong and can carry me in my stroller up and down all the stairs.


Arrive in Plaza Mayor where dad found us a nice table to eat lunch at.  While mom and dad and Emily were figuring out the menu - I spotted some pigeons and took off after them. I am pretty sure that I should be a spy when I grow up - I am good at hiding - it took them a few moments to find me.


After we finished eating we walked around and found a Mary store.  I wanted the BIG ONE with the white and brown dress with the pink baby Jesus (reminded me of Neapolitan ice cream) but dad didn't buy it for me because it was plastic.


I soon forgot my resentment to Daddy when we went to the Churros and Chocolaterria.  Here we DIP these skinny donuts and DRANK chocolate pudding.  I gave Daddy big hugs for this and then proceeded to thank him by dipping him Churros faster then he could eat them.  Unfortunately Dad is going to have to stick with speaking because he will not be winning any Churros eating contests soon.


Then we went to El Corte Ingles (Dept. store) and bought some Chocolate.  As we left the store, Daddy and Mommy decided they needed some wine and so EM and I stayed outside.  I was pretty upset until Emily bought a balloon sword from a Lion.  then she whipped up a parade for me!  There were these giant people dancing around.


Thursday


I woke up and had to start my day with a fight with Dad.  "Dad why did you throw my stickers away"


Em came over and we took the metro down to the Palace.  Dad spent the morning complaining about his foot (he is getting old).  The Palace was neat but I really needed to use the Bathroom.


Then it was time to go to work. While Dad was talking to everyone at the Theater where Dad was going to speak that night.  I got to see myself on TV!!!


Friday


Woke up and somebody was sleeping on the floor in my room.  As I could see was disheveled hair.  I ran into the bathroom yelling "Mommy Emy's  scary".


Took the High Speed train to Seville and arrived in the afternoon.  I ate in the hotel with emily and then watched a movie and took a nap.


Daddy spoke last night and I desperately wanted to be on stage with Daddy but mom took me out and wouldn't let me watch the end.


Went to dinner - As we were making a toast, I invited the entire restaurant to join in our exhilaration by throwing my arms open wide and proclaiming EVERYBODY!  I was bringing some Southern Gospel moves to Spain - they don't know what hit them.


Saturday


After keeping them up until 1 am, mom and dad still wouldn't let me sleep in and i had to get up early so that we could go on a personal tour of Seville.  


I don't know what to say about the tour because I was busy running away from Mommy and embarrassing Daddy (emily was tired of the screaming and tried to ignore me) - all i heard was "blah blah blah moors...blah blah blah Christians... and something about Christopher Columbus - I do remember some nice gardens with fish, ducks, and a peacock.  The ducks were looking like they were taking a nap on a fountain.  They looked a little to peaceful... so I threw an orange at them to try and get them to wake up.  The orange landed in the fountain and some fish came up and tried to eat it. 


I threw a big fit in the dress store because I wanted to play with the fans and not try on the flamenco dresses. Mom finally bought me a dress and the guy at the store gave me a fan.  I guess the dress was worth it - I finally got my fan.  


We concluded our walking tour with a horse drawn carriage ride.  I waved my fan at everyone we saw.


While Mom and Em shopped i fell asleep in my stroller and woke up inside the Seville Cathedral. When I heard Mommy make a disturbing comment that there was too much gold in the altar.  Aghast, Daddy and I ran to a side altar and prayed that Jesus forgive Mommy's heresy.  There a spotted another pretty Mary behind a gate.  This one had a nice gold crown.  Daddy said no wonder why columbus had to go to America... They ran out of gold while they were completing the church. 


Later, we are going to a flamenco show.... I hope I have something to wear.... MOMMY...??????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment