Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break - ROMA!!!!

This is really just going to be a picture update - since I know you are all dying to see those!  I put captions with them so at least you can get an idea of how our trip is going thus far!

Had quite an interesting greeting at the airport - I went out the terminal doors and look to my right and see Nick waving me over and Luke and Katie asleep beside him.  I walked out the "Arrivals from the EU" door and Mom and Dad were waiting at the other arrivals door so I had to go walk over and sneak up on them!  Quite funny to be honest!

Let me just say that we had a great location for our apartment we stayed at (and it was quite spacious!).  Also, the weather was fantastic!  I can definitely see myself returning to Italy in the future - now that I have done the big Rome stuff - I want to see what the countryside has to offer!!!

Food in Italy was just okay - lots of pasta and mediocre pizza but to be honest it is hard to find any truly exceptional food when you sit there, eat it, and think "I am sure Dad could find a way to make this twice as amazing!" Oh the torture it is to have parents who are such good cooks!  Although I do have to say Nena ranks right up there with them - she is a whiz in the kitchen - or as my roommate Tracy says "The Nenz is a champ!"

OKAY!  Enough chat - time for some photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment