Sunday, March 21, 2010

RETIRO PARK - Finally!

Wow - what an action packed day!  Today was definitely a great day!

I woke up this morning and went to Retiro park with my friend Katie.  Retiro is absolutely incredible!  I was really glad we went on Sunday, because there were a lot of people to watch.  Katie and I sat on the steps of a statue and watched the people rowing boats out on the pond.  One couple was particularly funny because they were rowing the oars in the wrong direction and as a result were having trouble moving - so funny!
I also got to see the black swans and walk through the rose garden even though the roses won't be in bloom until late April or early May.  I will definitely be making a few more trips back to Retiro! 

After Retiro, I took the Metro back to school and met with Katy and Adrienne to work on an oceanography project.  We spent a few hours on the and then Katy and I walked back to the Metro together and stopped off at Principe Pio to get a Toblerone McFlurry from McDonalds before heading back to our respective homes! 

After I returned to Nena's, I got on my computer and was able to Skype with everyone at Grandma Kate's birthday party!  Never have I been so glad to be able to video conference!  Grandma Kate looks really well and maybe a little bit surprised that I was able to wish her a Happy Birthday - and with an ocean separating us nonetheless!  I never have appreciated technology so much!  We got disconnected toward the end of the conversation because my internet went out and it was time for supper, but at least I got to talk for a little bit!

Tonight Nena once again made us another feast for supper!  I tell you this woman makes anything turn to gold!  I mean even her burnt Ravioli tasted absolutely fantastic!  

Well Colleen just got in from her weekend in Valencia - sounds like they had a very interesting time camping out on the beach - kinda very glad I chose not to do that trip and instead just did Valencia in a day - strictly focusing on the festival...I am in the process of uploading photos by the way - should have those and the ones from Retiro on here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment