Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Pictures of Portugal!
Yeah! Finally got my pictures uploaded on here! It took forever!!! I haven´t even attempted to put them on Facebook yet because it is way worse to try and upload lots of photos there. Anyway, I dont think I even got done talking about Portugal on here. I will try and be brief since I only have a half hour before class and I want to post this before then.
Saturday in Lisbon.
On Saturday Morning we got up and ate breakfast at the Hostel (fruit and toast with Nutella) and then took a bus down to the Belem area of town where we were dropped off at the monestary. As you can tell from the pictures in the slideshow, it was really amazing and that those pasteries were one of the best things I have eaten in Spain thus far! While we were down in that area, we also went down to the monument to the explorers and also saw the tower of Belem. That evening we went to Sintra which was a little disapointing because we got there right as everything was closing, but we made our own fun! That night we had a really fun time eating supper at the hostel and playing paper telephone - which is just like regular telephone except that everyone writes down something and then passes it to the next person who reads it then folds it over and draws what they read. They pass it again and the person looks at the picture, and then writes what they think the picture is saying. The paper get passed all the way around the table alternating between writing and drawing. It was really funny to see how things turned out..... What may start out as Jersey Shores turns into don´t take candy from Scary Monsters. (somewhere along the way New Jersey was interpretated as Washington DC which the next person drew with the Lincoln monument but the next person thought they drew a monster and....well you can see how this can get out of hand!) We had so much fun playing that game though!
Sunday
we went to Fatima in the Afternoon and it was just an incredible experience. It is hard to explain the peace and inspiration you can draw from seeing other all the other people there who are praying and lighting candles and such!
Well Class is starting in 2 minutes so I think I am going to have to sign off and call this post done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment