So nothing else that happened in class today was as funny as the guy calling the girl beautiful but I definitely learned some stuff in Marketing today about Spanish politics. Mainly about how they have two main parties - with the socialism party in power right now and that it isn't too popular right now. Apparently, Spain has been having a bad week in terms of economics. Maybe that is why my exchange rate tracker has been dropping a few tenths of a cent in the past week! He said Spain's unemployment is at like 20%. Here I thought all the problems were in America - apparently Spain is pretty bad. Makes me kinda wish they were on their own currency so the exchange rate would be in our favor!
Anyway it was an interesting class and I found myself thinking that the Spanish President is similar to some American Politicians!
In talking about the President of Spain our teacher said "He thinks you can spend your way out of a crisis. You can't - I mean if you were to take all of the countries who have tried to get out of a crisis by spending lots and lots and put them on the left side and then put up the countries that have succeeded with this strategy, there would be no countries on the right side. Crisis tend to seperate the boys from the men and hey, he's a boy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment